In these photos, Graeme steps out of the MC role into the 'Father of the Bride' role for an Easy Weddings TV commercial.
Following numerous requests, Graeme Bowman is expanding his Master of Ceremonies work beyond the corporate arena and into the field of weddings. Your very special event can now be taken to an even higher level, by enlisting the versatility and keenly honed skills of a seasoned MC, facilitator, comedian, hoax speaker, writer and creative director.
Because of Graeme’s reputation and expertise as an MC, his insights have been featured in the definitive text on the subject, Up Front In Control: Great Masters of Ceremony reveal their trade secrets.
Over many years, in the fields of corporate and general entertainment, Graeme has been privileged to work alongside such famous names as Peter Allen, Paul Mercurio, Marina Prior, Paul Keating, Lisa Curry, John Bertrand, Grant Hackett, Gary Mehigan, Manu Feildel, Marcia Hines, Glenn Shorrock and Daryl Somers. Now it’s time for you to benefit from the many skills and insights Graeme has gained.
Graeme’s premium service is available for weddings where the expectation is for the highest levels of professionalism … where the idea of entrusting the critical Wedding MC role to an immature DJ, loud-mouthed uncle or inebriated friend would be seen as reckless, risky and ridiculous. With a wedding, you only get one chance to get it right – don’t let it be remembered for the wrong reasons.
Graeme ticks all the boxes when it comes to:
- Entertaining discerning, high-class audiences
- Liaising with top shelf event planners, banquet managers and photographers
- Creating fun and meaning that’s cross-cultural and inter-generational
- Handling hassles and last minute changes
- Managing energy and calming nerves
- Coaching other speakers in speech-writing or presentation skills
Graeme is also right at home in 5-Star venues right around Australia, from Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast to Sails in the Desert, Uluru. In Melbourne alone, he has worked at leading venues such as Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Crown, Langham, Leonda, Sofitel, Hilton, Windsor, Rialto, Plaza Ballroom, RACV, National Gallery, Melbourne Zoo, Zinc, Werribee Mansion, Melbourne Aquarium, Fenix.
In his role as wedding MC, Graeme is very keen to work in with marriage celebrants, both civil and religious, to ensure the theme and meaning established during the ceremony extend seamlessly into the reception.
Working with Graeme as your Wedding MC
Here’s a brief outline of the process for working with Graeme as your Wedding MC:
- Graeme will either meet with you in person, or chat via phone or Skype. This friendly chat will identify the outcome you’re after, the style of celebration you want, the nature of the guests, and the agenda that will make it all come together in a way that’s full of joy and meaning.
- Graeme will liaise with other service providers (eg wedding planner, venue operator, celebrant, photographer) to make sure your desired theme and style is reflected in all facets of the reception.
- Within his standard fee, Graeme will provide feedback and advice regarding speeches given by the bride or groom.
- (As an optional extra, Graeme can coach other speakers in speech-writing and presentation skills)
- After extensive preparation, Graeme will arrive at the reception well ahead of ‘start time’.
- If required, he will also bring his own top-quality PA system
- Graeme will then do his best impression of a swimming duck – on the surface he’s all calm and controlled, while out of sight his ‘feet’ are paddling furiously, constantly checking that the whole plan – your plan – is unfolding seamlessly. For you and your guests, this means a hassle-free function that lets you enjoy every moment within an elegant, party-like atmosphere.
A Hoax Wedding MC: the ultimate ‘off the wall’ concept
Here’s a great way for a highly creative couple to play the ultimate trick on their guests … and have it talked about for years!
Graeme’s Wedding MC service can also be integrated with his other specialist talent as a Hoax Speaker, creating a unique theatrical character ideally suited for sophisticated audiences who have ‘seen it all’. Basically, Graeme creates a fictitious Hoax MC character, and what this character does is pretend to be the only known biological link between the bride’s family and the groom’s family – a descendant of a common ancestor dating back generations. Even if the bride is Indian and the groom Italian, you can cobble together some ancient genetic link. Just watch the looks on the faces of both families as Graeme reveals the highs and lows of their amazing, forgotten past … and their not too distant links to Kim Kardashian and the Pope.